There are a variety of choices available for help with tax preparation and tax filing in Adel, Iowa and surrounding areas.  Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), such as JM Short CPA, and tax preparation chains such as H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt, are both readily available in these areas. It is important to know the difference between the services and qualifications of a CPA vs. non-CPAs that work at companies like H&R Block before hiring someone to help you with your taxes.


Why use a CPA (Certified Public Accountant)

The benefits of hiring a CPA in Adel, Iowa are plenty. As the name suggests, a CPA is certified. CPAs have undergone extensive training and higher education specializing in tax preparation, filing and accounting for individuals and businesses. CPAs are required to pass exams that are ranked among the most challenging of all professional examinations in the country. A CPA is skilled and takes the time to not only get to know their clients, but also discover tax deductions that will help save them money and time. A CPA is a licensed, certified professional who specializes in your specific tax needs and has focused his career on knowing the ins and outs of up-to-date tax laws and regulations.

It is important to understand the services provided by H&R Block may not be the same quality when handled by a non-CPA and can even be ultimately more expensive than working with a local CPA.