There are so many options available for tax preparation – do it yourself software programs, tax preparation firms, accountants, CPAs – that it can be hard to decide which option is best for your particular needs. Let us help! Below are some great reasons to use a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) for your tax preparation needs.
- Licensing – Many people don’t realize that a CPA is different than an accountant or professional tax preparer. Practicing CPAs are licensed through the state. To receive and maintain their license, the CPA must pass a rigorous exam, keep current with tax laws, and complete continuing education. They also must run their business according to specific standards, or risk losing their license.
- Knowledge – As mentioned above, CPAs complete continuing education to keep current with all federal, state and local tax laws as they change each year. Your CPA will use this knowledge to help reduce your tax liability so you have more money to reinvest in your business or personal savings.
- Audit Support – A CPA can support you during an IRS audit.
- Personalized Service – Your CPA will build a long-term relationship with you – most CPAs are in it for the long run. Your CPA will get to know you, your business, and your specific circumstances to find the best deductions for you.
- Tax Planning – a CPA can give you tax planning advice year-round to help save you money.
Plus, at Blue Oak CPA, our CPAs can do much more than just prepare your taxes! Your CPA can assist with financial planning throughout the year and with other financial decisions like planning for your child’s college education, expanding your business, or inheritance planning. We also have many services for assisting business owners. Contact us to learn more about our tax preparation services and other ways we can assist you.